Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New York: 1st post


REVAMP OF BLOG> Since I am currently residing in "the best city" according to some, well, every resident here in NYC, I thought I should devote this blog to the tastes, smells, sights, sounds, and touches of NYC. This is also because now I have a phone that uploads pictures right to it.

Friends from Grad school have set up a week of activities before the break ends. Yesterday was lunch at the Peruvian restaurant, Mancora on 1st Ave, and 6th St.

Lunch at 2pm on a sat makes that we are the ONLY people there, and me being the first person to arrive from our group of 5, made it PRETTY AWKWARD. The waiter kept filling my class of water, and since I had nothing to do while I waited, I kept drinking. Then 2 out of the rest of the 4 came. then we waited..... and waited.... and waited. Translation: Frequent trips to see dear old friend El John, and there aren't too many public ones, when I am shopping

After I saw Mancora had a Lunch Special: soft drink, and appetizer and a entree for $8.95, I was hooked. The appetizer (shown) was a tamale, with chicken and corn meal. Followed by my entree of chicken a potato that was glazed and cut in squares and rice. Healthy, awesome food. (Though I just worked out for awhile, so anything could have been good.) But I recommend this place based on price alone.

No comments: