Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gym Time


Ok so I am a gym rat. There's no way around that. I have to admit it. But I HATE all the other gym rats. I think mostly cause Im a self gym rat. I don't go with someone, or "have a workout buddy." Currently I attend a gym at my Graduate school, with a ton of undergrads. So I think I should educate these undergrad gym rats on etiquette of the gym.

1. I don't CARE what your work out is, you don't have to say it so aloud to your buddy so loud that I have to hear it across the gym.
2. Please don't grunt.
3. Don't drop things. They are too heavy for you.
4. Don't look in the mirror every 2 seconds after you lifted. The muscles haven't changed in 20 seconds! The mirror is to make sure you are doing your exercises correctly, not AFTEr you are done.
5. Don't wait on the machine if you are taking a break between sets. That just pisses everyone off.
6. Workers: do not eat fast food in the gym. Just doesn't seem right to be smelling that there.
7. Workers: I don't know what you do, but please don't gossip while I can hear you from everywhere in the gym. I don't care that your boyfriend is being mean to you. I really don't care.
8. Spring Breakers/New YEars resolution people: Please don't say it will die down when the spring breakers and resolution people give up. You are these people.
9. Socialite girls and gays. Gym is not a place to be social, especially a small gym. Go to a coffee shop.
10. If you are sweaty. please wipe the machine.. Thanks

Well theres my 2 cents. I hope this curbs my anger tomorrow at the gym.

No comments: