Monday, March 17, 2008

Road Signs


Seriously, I think my tax dollars are a complete waste. As I sit down to do my taxes this week(aka my dad will do my taxes), I can't comprehend the stupidity that the government employs. I just got done with a 6 road hour trip from LA to Phoenix. The most exciting sight that was out there in the desert was coming up to Palm Springs and the sign said " Indio and Other Desert Cities."
Really "Other Desert Cities"!
Since I was on my own I had an adequate amount of time of thinking on just this sign, and I came up with NO reasonable reason why that should be on a highway sign. Yes cause on my way to my destination I would rely on a sign that says "Other Desert Cities" OH I am going to a desert city, so therefore where it says "Other Desert Cities" I should blindly follow the I-10 freeway because I read that sign. NO, I bet that NO ONE has ever relied on that sign for "Other Desert Cities"

Another sign that I saw was the classic "State Prison Don't Pick Up Hitchhikers." Doesn't that sign just make you TRUST your government employees. I know it does for me. The people who make these ridiculous signs must not see what they are actually insinuating: that we and mostly they are incompetent THINKERS. They do their work, but the ones who hand down the work from the top are not really brainiacs. Can we spend our money I don't know on something else such as, less gas tax! (paid $3.52 per gallon in CA)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have also pondered why we have such road signs. Another example "Immigrant Crossing" . . . don't ask me what that is about.

Mach1 said...

Back here in 'Sota, we have signs that say "Grand Rapids and Range Cities" so maybe people in California say Desert Cities the way we say Iron Range.